Saturday, July 17, 2010

Toy Story 3

haha. the coloring might be off here on my face....oh well..




I dont really know what to put here except to say that i saw Toy Story 3 and it was everything I wanted Toy Story 3 to be. There were great laughs and great moments of drama and fear, all from animated characters who you CARE for. I am convinced that there is more drama and emotion for adults and teens in this film than for children and I hope it gets nominated for an academy award for best picture and continues Pixar's tradition of presenting animation as much more than a way to make kid's movies. Toy story 3, the entire Toy story series is essential viewing, period.


Also, I want to add, that as a Christian, there were great little moments that spoke to me, reminding me that I should trust God no matter if he has me "in college or in the attic". also, that He truly "will never give up on you" and that I belong to Him. things i really need to hear right now.


The whole reality of life changing: friends going away, locations changing and feeling uncertain where you will end up is very real to me and I think that it one of the aspects that I related to most from the film. life is hard.


it was a great film and there was a great after film conversation with my friend luis that topped it off.


to quote Andy in the film, "Thanks guys....."

No comments:

Post a Comment